The HbbTV Association, a global initiative dedicated to providing open standards for advanced interactive TV services through broadcast and broadband networks to connected TV sets and set-top boxes, is pleased to announce that the jury has been appointed for the HbbTV Awards 2022.
The jury members are:
- Nicole Agudo Berbel, ProSiebenSat.1
- Robert Briel, Broadband TV News
- Paul Gray, Omdia
- Vincent Grivet, HbbTV Association
- Marc Hankmann, Freelance Journalist
- Andre Prahl, RTL Deutschland
- Leslie Shanklin, Discovery
- Martina Vojtěchovská, MediaGuru.cz
“We are proud about the excellent panel of high-profile industry executives and experts assessing the entries for this year’s HbbTV Awards. The contest provides a unique opportunity to showcase the latest best-in-class examples of applications and services enabled by the HbbTV specifications. I am, as always, very excited to review the Awards entries which give an outstanding and privileged insight into the market dynamics of HbbTV,” said Vincent Grivet, Chair of the HbbTV Association. “I would like to encourage all industry players to submit their entries for the connected TV industry’s most respected award.”
The categories for the HbbTV Awards 2022 are:
- Best use of HbbTV for advertising-based solutions
- Best tool or product for HbbTV service development or delivery
- Best technology innovation in an HbbTV product or service
- Best interoperability and conformance tool
- Best marketing or promotion of an HbbTV-based service
- Best individual contribution to the HbbTV Association
- Judges’ award “HbbTV newcomer of the year”
The providers of HbbTV applications and services are welcome to submit their entries through this online form; the website also details the terms and conditions of the free competition. A company may enter into as many of the categories as they like. Each submission will require a separate form to be completed. Entries will be judged on their execution, impact and innovation. The closing date for submissions is September 15, 2022. A shortlist of finalists will be put forward to the jury who will select the winners. The finalists will be announced by October 15, 2022.
The HbbTV Awards are held for the fifth time, showcasing and celebrating best practice and excellence in the HbbTV community. The prizes will be awarded at a prestigious ceremony on November 9 as part of the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2022 in Prague, jointly hosted by the HbbTV Association and the Czech Association of Commercial Television (AKTV). All finalists are invited to attend the awards ceremony.