HOW CAN TV ADVERTISING DRIVE GROWTH BEYOND ‘PERFORMANCE’ B2B MARKETING?
13. 11. 2023 We spoke to Matt Hill, Director of Research & Planning at Thinkbox, the marketing body for TV in the UK who help advertisers get the best out of today’s TV. We explore exciting opportunities for companies to reach targetted, localised businesses through low-cost TV ads. 1) In recent times, targeted advertising on platforms like LinkedIn,… Continue reading HOW CAN TV ADVERTISING DRIVE GROWTH BEYOND ‘PERFORMANCE’ B2B MARKETING? Více informací
TV SLIPS OUT OF MARKETERS’ TOP-RANKED MEDIA CHANNELS
22. 9. 2023 TV, a traditional lynchpin of ad campaigns, has slipped out of marketers top-ranked media channels this year, falling from third place in 2022 to 12th place in 2023. That is according to Kantar’s fourth annual global Media Reactions report, which also found preference for TV sponsorship fell from 12th place to 20th among marketers, and… Continue reading TV SLIPS OUT OF MARKETERS’ TOP-RANKED MEDIA CHANNELS Více informací
NEUROSCIENCE CONFIRMS THE POWER OF ADDRESSABLE TV FOR BRANDS
24. 8. 2023 Addressable ads produce greater brain activation in networks related to attention, emotion, reward and memory. Commercial noise is all around us. Pressure on people’s attention has never been more intense, and the debate about the effectiveness of advertising is reaching new levels given that individuals can be exposed to thousands of ad impressions each day… Continue reading NEUROSCIENCE CONFIRMS THE POWER OF ADDRESSABLE TV FOR BRANDS Více informací
NEW STUDY SHOWS A CLEAR LINK BETWEEN ATTENTION AND BRAND EFFECTS
18. 8. 2023 Attention and brand effects have a direct correlation, according to new analysis by Lumen, Teads, and Dynata – but, crucially, relying on viewability data is not enough. “Attention is an important driver of brand success, as a strong correlation exists between attention and positive brand outcomes. The longer people engage with ads, the more impactful… Continue reading NEW STUDY SHOWS A CLEAR LINK BETWEEN ATTENTION AND BRAND EFFECTS Více informací
THE “MAPPING THE IMPACT” STUDY REVEALED A SIGNIFICANT LINK BETWEEN CONTEXT, CREATIVE ELEMENTS AND THE EFFECT OF TV ADVERTISING
14. 7. 2023 German company Screenforce has recently revealed the results of its new study “Mapping the Impact”. The research looked at whether the situation the viewer is currently in and the elements used in an ad spot can have an impact on the effect of a TV ad. Více informací
HOW ATTENTION AND EMOTION COMBINE TO DRIVE EFFECTIVENESS
24. 6. 2023 Without attention, ads cannot have an emotional impact, and without emotion, marketers are unlikely to build brands for the long term, new research from the Ad Council Australia, Amplified Intelligence and System1 has found. This analysis drew on a sample of 39 Australian Effie case studies, bolstered with campaign data from the Ad Council Australia.… Continue reading HOW ATTENTION AND EMOTION COMBINE TO DRIVE EFFECTIVENESS Více informací
TV OR YOUTUBE: WHICH PLATFORM IS BEST FOR SHORT- AND LONG-TERM BUSINESS RESULTS?
13. 6. 2023 Watching YouTube’s ‘The Long and The Short of It’ leaves the viewer with the impression the only way for brands to achieve short- and long-term business results is on one video platform. While many of the points raised in the series – that video enables an ‘audience-first’ approach, it attracts and converts the attention of… Continue reading TV OR YOUTUBE: WHICH PLATFORM IS BEST FOR SHORT- AND LONG-TERM BUSINESS RESULTS? Více informací
IN GRAPHIC DETAIL: GAMERS ARE WARMING UP TO IN-GAME ADS
29. 3. 2023 The in-game advertising industry has grown in fits and starts, with some advertisers balking at the current lack of premium inventory available in the space. But new data from Comscore shows that more gamers than ever are ready and willing to consume ads alongside their games. Marketers have long been wary about entering the gaming… Continue reading IN GRAPHIC DETAIL: GAMERS ARE WARMING UP TO IN-GAME ADS Více informací
TV DRIVES THE MOST ATTENTION
5. 3. 2023 What is attention these days and why is it important for TV advertisers? These questions are answered by a compilation of facts gathered from research conducted globally by The Global TV Group. In today’s multi-tasking, digital age, attention in advertising has become a critical consideration for businesses seeking to connect with their target audiences. Consumers… Continue reading TV DRIVES THE MOST ATTENTION Více informací
SHOCK THERAPY ADVERTISING. WHEN DID IT WORK AND WHEN DID THE CREATIVES GO TOO FAR?
2. 3. 2023 Attention is a concept that is used in the marketing world today and every day. The ability to capture the viewer's attention is the cornerstone of success if you want to build a brand and stay ahead of the competition. One way to grab attention is to shock. Více informací
CREATIVITY ABSOLUTELY AFFECTS THE SUCCESS OF ADVERTISING.
1. 3. 2023 Reviewing nearly 500 TV campaigns, Nielsen found 47% of ad-driven sales were dependent on the creative. But creativity without a strategy is a recipe for disaster. A powerful duo: creativity and relevance. Highly creative campaigns are significantly more effective than less creative campaigns. Not only do they improve attention and memorability, but they also increase positive… Continue reading CREATIVITY ABSOLUTELY AFFECTS THE SUCCESS OF ADVERTISING. Více informací
CHANGING CHANNELS ON TV ADVERTISING
26. 2. 2023 Storytelling on television has been a key aspect of entertaining and engaging audiences for decades. From the late ’70s, television has become a staple with South African audiences, from bunny-ears, decoders to dishes, and streaming devices. Dallas, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Live Sport, Noot Vir Noot, Surf Show Pick A Box and the on-set… Continue reading CHANGING CHANNELS ON TV ADVERTISING Více informací
RESEARCH FINDINGS: WHY A MOBILE-FIRST APPROACH TO VIDEO CAN SLOW YOUR GROWTH
3. 1. 2023 Audiences under 40 are more attentive on BVOD than YouTube and Facebook. And the best screen is the biggest one. As part of a continuing examination of advertising effectiveness, ThinkTV has new research findings that explore the hot topic of audience attention. The organisation sought to interrogate video platforms and the attention they command through the lens… Continue reading RESEARCH FINDINGS: WHY A MOBILE-FIRST APPROACH TO VIDEO CAN SLOW YOUR GROWTH Více informací
FROM ADVERTISEMENTS TO ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. HOW HAS ADVERTISING IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC CHANGED IN 30 YEARS?
27. 12. 2022 The creation of advertisements has changed fundamentally over the past decades, as has consumer perception of them. So what are consumers receptive to most now? And how are marketers making their jobs easier with AI? “The Velvet Revolution in November 1989 swept away the communists and brought a fresh wind of endless opportunities for economic… Continue reading FROM ADVERTISEMENTS TO ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. HOW HAS ADVERTISING IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC CHANGED IN 30 YEARS? Více informací
YES, TV IS AN ATTENTION BARGAIN – BUT EVEN MORE SO THAN LUMEN THINK
21. 12. 2022 It’s hard to read incredibly positive things about TV advertising and yet be compelled to argue with them, but sometimes you have to, says Thinkbox’s Matt Hill. Mike Follett from Lumen’s recent article – “Why TV appears to be an ‘attention bargain” – was packed with positives for TV advertising. So why am I not… Continue reading YES, TV IS AN ATTENTION BARGAIN – BUT EVEN MORE SO THAN LUMEN THINK Více informací
WHY E-COMMERCE MARKETERS SHOULD EXPERIMENT WITH FORMATS & WORK WITH CREATIVE PARTNERS
6. 12. 2022 TV advertising has returned as a desirable marketing format post-pandemic. New research from Thinkbox shares why it’s proving so successful, its cost efficiency and how marketers can embrace this change. With the pandemic exacerbating the rise of e-commerce, online businesses are increasingly turning to TV to scale up their growth. As part of The Drum’s Evolution… Continue reading WHY E-COMMERCE MARKETERS SHOULD EXPERIMENT WITH FORMATS & WORK WITH CREATIVE PARTNERS Více informací
TV AROUND THE WORLD CELEBRATES THE POWER OF ATTENTION
21. 11. 2022 TV companies around the world celebrate World Television Day on 21 November to remind us of the attention-grabbing power that Total TV holds. As part of the annual United Nations initiative, a 30 second-spot will be broadcast and shared online worldwide. Více informací
CHALLENGE EVEN FOR THE BEST MARKETERS. WHY DOES A GOOD TV AD NEED TO GRAB THE VIEWER’S ATTENTION?
14. 11. 2022 Grabbing the viewer's attention is a challenge even for big brands nowadays and the road to the goal is lined with many pitfalls. What is the recipe for attention-worthy advertising? And which specific brands can inspire in creatively grabbing attention? Více informací