“This year’s HbbTV Symposium and Awards will, as always, provide important insights into the future of the broadcast and broadband industry. Your thoughts on current developments, new products and services and future trends are important to us. I would therefore like to encourage you to take part in the Call for Speakers and share your proposals for contributions with us,” said Vincent Grivet, Chair of the HbbTV Association.
The HbbTV Symposium 2022 is open for speakers on the following topics, particularly when supported by experiences gained from providing live services. The submission of additional topics will also be considered.
- Reviews of new and existing HbbTV deployments in different markets and countries.
- Using hybrid broadcast and broadband to improve viewers’ choice and experience from the perspectives of:
– Consumers and/or consumer organisations
– TV and other device manufacturers (e.g. supporting multiscreen services, companion/second screen)
– Operators and Service Providers
– Broadcasters (both public service and commercial)
– Regulators, National governments and/or European organisations
- Advertising and other means of monetizing the hybrid approach to television (e.g. addressable TV ads):
– Targeted Advertising (TA): Broadcast ad substitution
Client-side and server-side substitution
– Targeted Advertising: implementations, use case examples,
experiences, future developments, challenges
– Benefits of standards-based TA (opposed to proprietary
- HbbTV Operator Application (HbbTV OpApp):
– Explanation, implementations, best practices, specification updates
– New deployments
- Experiences in promoting and marketing HbbTV:
– From a technology perspective
– From a Business Development perspective
- GDPR & ePrivacy – experiences in an HbbTV-enabled world:
– Audience measurements, viewer behaviour and other in GDPR compliance
– Asking for and obtaining consent in the context of a TV set
– Cookies and their successors
- Content Media Security, rights management and content protection in hybrid TV services:
– DRM and HbbTV (e.g. examples, services, solutions)
- HbbTV best practices:
– OTT, on demand/catch-up streaming services
– Companion screen applications
– Voice-Control with HbbTV
– 360° VR – increase viewer engagement
– Experiences with Operator Application
– Content discovery services
– Accessibility (Spoken subtitles, Audio descriptions, Sign language)
- Delivering advanced viewing experiences including:
– Ultra-High Definition
– High-Dynamic Range
– Next Generation Audio
– Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality/AI
- Cutting edge innovations and technology in the deployment of HbbTV-enabled services and devices.
- Tools and techniques for developing and testing HbbTV applications and services.
- HbbTV and other standards. For example:
– 3GPP 5G Technology/5G Broadcast
– DVB-I: role/involvement of HbbTV, new specifications
– IP-Broadcasting (e.g. DVB Native IP)
– ATSC 3.0 watermarking
- HbbTV Conformance Regimes: why it is needed, country best practices, implementation, stakeholder education
- Update from US market, e.g. inspiration for European market: ATSC 3 datacast applications, new applications, trends (local news, education)
- Inside HbbTV: how the organisation works, Working Groups, Task Forces, participation, involvement, benefits of membership
- The future for HbbTV: market trends and future directions
- Building a better HbbTV ecosystem: thoughts and ideas on how the HbbTV Association in cooperation with members and market players could foster a more efficient HbbTV ecosystem
- Lessons learned by service providers in deploying HbbTV services and doing business with HbbTV. What could be improved?
If you would like to speak at the HbbTV Symposium 2022, you are welcome to send us an outline of your proposed presentation through this online form by July 15, 2022. Please provide the title, an abstract (max. 200 words), a speaker’s biography (max. 150 words) and a speaker’s photo.
The HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2022 targets platform operators, broadcasters, advertisers and adtechs, standards organisations and technology companies, offering first-hand insights into the latest and most innovative services available to viewers, operators and advertisers.
The HbbTV Symposium will also host the 5th edition of the HbbTV Awards, featuring a wide range of categories designed to acclaim best practice and excellence in the HbbTV community. Details on the categories and participation will be announced in due course.
The annual key summit of the connected TV industry will take place at the National house of Vinohrady. The prestigious neo-renaissance building, centrally located in Prague, will provide a first-class base for conference attendees, sponsors and networking.
Details on the sponsoring packages at the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2022 and the preceding preview and demo events can be found in the Call for Sponsors.
Contact HbbTV Association:
Chair HbbTV Marketing and Education Working Group (MEWG)
Tel: +39 02 2514 8355
Fuchs Media Consult GmbH
Tel: +49 171 4483 168